Volunteer with Us
Volunteers are the backbone of MERCY Malaysia. We are proud to work with individuals that go beyond the call of duty to contribute their time and expertise to assist us in continuing our humanitarian work.
Our Expectation from Volunteers
- Uphold our mission and objectives
- Deliver aid with the highest level of compassion, professionalism and care
- Maintain personal satisfactory health, physical & mental stamina
- Be accountable to MERCY Malaysia, donors, beneficiaries, employers, and fellow members/volunteers
- Uphold the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief
- Most importantly – be SINCERE
Our Responsibility to Volunteers
- Share our vision and mission
- Inculcate professionalism in volunteerism
- Provide relevant training
- Provide welfare and security while on missions
We are constantly looking for volunteers who have the passion, drive and professionalism while supporting our humanitarian efforts.
If you have what it takes to be a MERCY Malaysia volunteer, follow the steps below, and email to book your training and volunteering session to email@example.com.
1. Register with us.
Please click here to download our Volunteer Registration Form.
2. Train with us.
Our volunteers are required to undergo our Volunteer Induction Programme and Basic Missions Training before any mission deployment. The training dates for 2015 are included here*:
*Dates and location of training and sessions are subject to change.
Volunteer Induction Programme (fee RM20 per person – HUKM,
Basic Mission Training (fee RM400 per person – Ulu Kinta,
- 24 - 26 April 2015
- 21 - 23 August 2015
Basic Life Support (fee RM100 per person – MERCY HQ)
Emergency Response Unit (ERU) Lecture Training (fee RM70 per
person – ILSAS, Bangi)
- 28 - 29 March 2015
- 12 - 13 September 2015
Response Unit Field Training Exercise (ERU-FTX) 2015 (RM150 per person –
Volunteer Appreciation Day
Aqua Life Saving Training (ALT) (fee RM100 per person – TBC)
MERCY Malaysia sent seven teams (consisting medical surgeon and logistic personnel) to Gaza in December 31, 2008 to conduct a rapid assessment of humanitarian needs of the people affected by the conflict and focused on the supply of medical needs and medicine to the embattled region.
Your support inspires us to continue our humanitarian work. Help us do more.
Back to top