Volunteer with Us
Volunteers are the backbone of MERCY Malaysia. We are proud to work with individuals that go beyond the call of duty to contribute their time and expertise to assist us in continuing our humanitarian work.
Our Expectation from Volunteers
- Uphold our mission and objectives
- Deliver aid with the highest level of compassion, professionalism and care
- Maintain personal satisfactory health, physical & mental stamina
- Be accountable to MERCY Malaysia, donors, beneficiaries, employers, and fellow members/volunteers
- Uphold the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief
- Most importantly – be SINCERE
Our Responsibility to Volunteers
- Share our vision and mission
- Inculcate professionalism in volunteerism
- Provide relevant training
- Provide welfare and security while on missions
We are constantly looking for volunteers who have the passion, drive and professionalism while supporting our humanitarian efforts.
If you have what it takes to be a MERCY Malaysia volunteer, follow the steps below, and email to book your training and volunteering session to email@example.com.
1. Register with us.
Please click here to download our Volunteer Registration Form.
2. Train with us.
Our volunteers are required to undergo our Volunteer Induction Programme and Basic Missions Training before any mission deployment. The training dates for 2014 are included here*:
*Dates and location of training and sessions are subject to change.
Volunteer Induction Programme
(fee RM20 per person) - MERCY HQ
- March 15
- May 17
- September 13
Basic Mission Training (BMT)
(fee RM400 per person)Ulu Kinta, Perak
Basic Life Support
(fee RM100 per person) - MERCY HQ
Emergency Response Unit Lecture Series
(fee RM50 per person) - HUKM, Cheras
Emergency Response Unit Field Training Exercise
(fee RM200 per person) - ILSAS, Bangi
Volunteer Appreciation Day
Volunteers Engagement Programme
(Northern Sector & Eastern Sector)
The Tsunami Resource Centre (TRC) located in Aceh, Indonesia was built within the Syiah Kuala University (UNSYIAH) by MERCY Malaysia with partial funding support from the Force of Nature Aid Foundation.
Your support inspires us to continue our humanitarian work. Help us do more.
Back to top